Science has various branches of which psychology is one of them. Without doubt, psychology has an impact on our subconscious as everything we do today is influenced by it. As a psychology student who will be writing a research paper soon, there are numerous topics available for research on the aspects of psychology – developmental psychology, abnormal psychology, cognitive psychology, social psychology, and clinical psychology.
There are a good number of topics you can draw inspiration from to write your research paper.
Developmental Psychology Research Topics
- Parenting methods that have been blacklisted by Child Psychology
- The role of media in facilitating violence.
- Parental development influence on child development
- Why do psychopaths behave the way they do?
- What factors create violence in children?
Abnormal Psychology Research Topics
- Extreme personality flaws and their effect on behavior
- Deceitfulness, Truthfulness and their effect on behavior
- The psychology of phobias
- Social aversion in the modern era
- Cognition and Teenage Suicide
- What are some of the underlying causes of being deviant?
- Underlying reasons behind psychopathy
- Cannibalism in African cultures – what can be changed in today’s society?
- Periodic Disorders and their impact in certain societies
Research Topics in the Psychology of mental processes
- Colors in Cognitive psychology
- Strategies for measuring attention span accurately in children
- Memory loss: the source and the solution
- Factors that contribute to children’s Problem-solving tendencies
- Relationship between speech impediment and cognition of children
- Standard measurement procedures of problem solving abilities in children
Social Psychology Research Topics
- Importance of bystanders effect on social psychology
- Interpersonal relationships in shaping behaviours
- The effect of a family member’s learning disabilities on the whole family unit
- Prosocial behaviours in social psychology
- Effects of relocation on children mental health processes
- Effects of eating disorders on society
- The importance of social identity in modern society
- The best family therapy techniques for children with behavioural disorders
Clinical Psychology Research Topics
- Cognitive clinical procedures as solution for Anxiety
- Modifying Criminals’ behaviors; a cognitive approach
- The impact of abuse and trauma in relationships
- Physiological effects on insomnia
- Agoraphobia; the best strategy for solution
Psychology research topics are inexhaustible. Hence, the above-listed topics do not contain all the topics under psychology. We hope you will get a subject to use as a sample to start your research paper. Good luck!